Ok, y’all, I’m sending out my stories in one big heap to various places – open reading calls, chapbook contests, other places I’ve found by looking at the publication lists of favorite writers.
It’s nerve-wracking, intimidating, confusing, draining, scary, discouraging – and just occasionally, encouraging. Ah, life is a paradox.
Also, here, on this blog, I’m going to try to establish a schedule, or at least a pattern.
I want to use this space to share things I find interesting (without infringing on copyrights):
• Other people’s stories/flash/poems/passages
• Quotes or other brief flashes of wisdom or silliness
• Images – purty pictures and observances of daily life
• Info sharing – something academic or artistic or bizarre or inspiring or alarming I noticed and want to share
• Readings. Links. Or sometimes me.
I know this website doesn’t have a readership yet. But I’ll put out the word I’d like to hear from people what they might like me to share, too.
So for starters, if you know a place I should send my work for publication as a collection, or a chapbook contest, or something, please do let me know.
Ciao for now.